Not permitted to access front end of 2.5 site

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
frederic2019
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Not permitted to access front end of 2.5 site

Post by frederic2019 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:01 pm

Hello,
I am still on joomla 2.5 (with template beez5 :), and my site was perfectly working last year or so. It is a very basic site presenting my resume in a couple of menus.
Now, without (as far as I remember) changing anything, the site is no longer accessible to visitors, and neither to me! That is to say, even when logged in with admin rights, I see all the back-office, but when I click on one of my articles I cannot access it!
It says: You are not permitted to use that link to directly access that page (#8).

I would like to make it work! Any help?

Best,
-Fred
http://c-defrenne.franceserv.com
Last edited by toivo on Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 3.x forum, retitled

AMurray
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Not permitted to access front end of 2.5 site

Post by AMurray » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:47 am

Your site might be fine today, but doesn't mean it's not invulnerable to hacking. I would strongly advise you consider updating to 3.x.

What is supposed to be the content of your front page - a single article, or featured articles etc?

To test, set all articles to "public" and see if you can view the front-end site that way.

Also, there's no login box to the front end, so I don't know how one would login to view the articles anyway (whether or not they are showing). I don't believe that even if you're logged in as super user in the back-end that will not make any difference to the front end.

Also there's no other menu linking to other articles to test - can you enable the menu and create some links?

It would be worth running the Forum Post Assistant (FPA) - and posting the report results to a reply here: viewtopic.php?f=621&t=582860 - this is just a single script that you upload to your web-space in the joomla folder, and run it. Then copy and paste the resulting report to a reply.
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Millennium Falcon - it's the ship that made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs! The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

frederic2019
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by frederic2019 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:36 pm

Dear AMurray, thank you very much for your answer. I say a bit more bellow, but I am not an expert...

1) I have no time to do the upadte today, because I use beez5 that is not working on J3 as far as I have read... but I might consider it once this site is back working.
What is supposed to be the content of your front page - a single article, or featured articles etc?
The front page is a single page with a picture and some text (one aorticle), then some menues leading to new pages containing each one article (it is a resume and ots different parts on each page)
To test, set all articles to "public" and see if you can view the front-end site that way.
All my articles are created by 'super user' and are 'public'. Impossible to see the either in back-office (impossible to edit) or in front!

Also there's no other menu linking to other articles to test - can you enable the menu and create some links?
Menus are impacted too! They don't show in front page.

I
t would be worth running the Forum Post Assistant (FPA) - and posting the report results to a reply here: viewtopic.php?f=621&t=582860 - this is just a single script that you upload to your web-space in the joomla folder, and run it. Then copy and paste the resulting report to a reply.
No idea where to find it but I shall try.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Best,
-Fred

frederic2019
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by frederic2019 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:50 pm

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:59 pm

Please follow the instructions from viewtopic.php?f=806&t=969442, copy the BBCode and paste that to a new reply and remove the FPA script from your site.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator
troubleshooting smtp and other articles http://talikka.com/joomla

sozzled
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by sozzled » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:44 pm

*** Disclaimer ***
I do not usually contribute to discussions about J! 2.5. J! 2.5 has been dead for over five years (see https://docs.joomla.org/Joomla_2.5_version_history).

Irrespective of whether a J! 2.5 website has been running faultlessly "for years", you cannot run J! 2.5 with PHP 7.3. See J! 2.5 technical requirements here: https://downloads.joomla.org/technical-requirements
Joomla! versions 3.5 and later are compatible with PHP 7
https://www.kuneze.com/blog
Former member of Kunena project team
If you think I’m wrong then say “I think you're wrong.” If you say “You’re wrong!”, how do you know?

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”