I can't go into the admin area

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
tbarbasova123
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

I can't go into the admin area

Post by tbarbasova123 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:37 am

Hello! Please help solve the problem. From 02.02.20 does not allow the site admin https://2school.org.ua/. It says that
Service unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to downtime or capacity issues. Please try again later.
In addition, 503 Service Unavailable error occurred while trying to use ErrorDocument to process the request.

Please tell me how to solve this problem. We look forward to hearing from you.

AMurray
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: I can't go into the admin area

Post by AMurray » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:54 am

That's a server issue, not a Joomla problem. I would contact your host if it happens again.

As the error message suggests, it's a hosting problem and could be caused for example, by your hosting account reaching its resource limits (such as disk space) or anything like that. Running Joomla 2.5 is probably not going to help the situation.

However at the time of writing, your site is working, so maybe it was temporary. I can get to the /administrator folder, and am presented with the login screen as expected.

I don't know what you mean by :
From 02.02.20 does not allow the site admin
what is "from 02.02.2020" - it's not the second of February, it's the 21st January 2020......???

You're on Joomla 2.5, so my advice is update it to 3.9.14 ASAP. 2.5 is at end of life as of 5 years ago...2014.....).
Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------
A Murray
Help you I can, yes!. Post your question, you should. Keep it on topic you must!
Use the Forc....Forum Post Assistant my young Padawan!

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”