Joomla Site Not Loggin In Users - Can't update Topic is solved

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
dcdalton
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla Site Not Loggin In Users - Can't update

Post by dcdalton » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:05 pm

First off I am not a Joomla developer but I have under my control an old Joomla site (2.5) that is being kept intact for a court case ... that being said the first thing you should know is I can NOT update the version of Joomla as it would be tampering with evidence.

I can log into the administration section with no issues but when logging in as a regular registered user the log in sends me back to the main page of the site and in the error log it says 'Joomla CANCELED'

I read some here and saw a post about folder permissions being set at 777 so I checked all them and everything is set correctly at 755.

I need to get this working with a minimal amount of changes to the code for the simple fact any file change takes us further away from the original code that will be presented in court.

And again I am not a Joomla developer (I am a PHP / database developer) so please phrase your questions like you were speaking to a day one Joomla person

Many thanks

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Joomla Site Not Loggin In Users - Can't update

Post by Webdongle » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:48 pm

Your database is your site. All the files do is put/get files to/from your database and display them in the browser. All you need to do is export the database and all the information is there !!!
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

dcdalton
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dcdalton » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:20 pm

Webdongle wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:48 pm
Your database is your site. All the files do is put/get files to/from your database and display them in the browser. All you need to do is export the database and all the information is there !!!
You are missing the point, the site is going to be used as evidence in a trial so the jury has to see how it worked the day it was shut down.

And I mistakenly accepted your answer and can't undo it

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:36 pm

There is nothing to undo if you exported your database because all it did was export the data not alter or delete it.

Your problem appears to be a 3rd party user extension ... possibly not working with the php version or requires payment?

You have several choices but as it is for a court case I suggest you consult with a recognised expert viewforum.php?f=177
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

dcdalton
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dcdalton » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:50 pm

Webdongle wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:36 pm
There is nothing to undo if you exported your database because all it did was export the data not alter or delete it.

Your problem appears to be a 3rd party user extension ... possibly not working with the php version or requires payment?

You have several choices but as it is for a court case I suggest you consult with a recognised expert viewforum.php?f=177
Thank you ... I will post over there now

wedevlop
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by wedevlop » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:48 pm

Hi, The best thing you do is make a replica of the site and do your troubleshooting on the replica.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”