MySQL error

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
bransna
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

MySQL error

Post by bransna » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:09 pm

My joomla site has been running for years and just recently I'm getting the message "Database connection error (1): The MySQL adapter 'mysql' is not available." Others that have had this problem indicate the database should be accessed via MySQLi and indicate changing this in the PDP settings. My problem right now is that I cannot access Joomla using my domain name. I keep getting the same error. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Note: I am not an experienced user as I simply make minor changes to this site which was created by a more experience person.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: MySQL error

Post by sozzled » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:13 pm

I do not normally deal with J! 2.5 matters but I have a suspicion I know the cause of this issue. Suggest that you use the Forum Post Assistant tool, post the report in this discussion thread, and we can confirm the cause of the problem for you. Cheers.

bransna
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bransna » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:45 pm

sozzled wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:13 pm
I do not normally deal with J! 2.5 matters but I have a suspicion I know the cause of this issue. Suggest that you use the Forum Post Assistant tool, post the report in this discussion thread, and we can confirm the cause of the problem for you. Cheers.
Thank you for your reply. I was able to FTP the PHP file to my web server root but unable to access the site using https://www.domain-name.com.au/fpa-en.php.The message received is telling me the site can't be reached. My next step is to contact the web hosting service. Any wisdom you can provide is greatly appreciated.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:06 pm

"The site cannot be reached" is a different problem. I don't know where https://www.domain-name.com.au exists anywhere on the internet.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”