No access to back end after installing bad plugin

General questions relating to Joomla! 2.5. Note: All 1.6 and 1.7 releases have reached end of life and should be updated to 2.5. There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
orbanrobert
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

No access to back end after installing bad plugin

Post by orbanrobert » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:59 pm

I have a similar problem with our school's website. Background info: all the settings were made by the previous admin. Still on joomla 2.5. Upgrade gave a lot of errors, so I decided to keep this old version. The website is used only to post some information about school activities. Current situation: After installing a bad plugin, I can't log in to the website's admin page. The login page appears, but after entering the username and password, it throws me back to the website. Checked the error.php, no information about the login error. I found "admintools_breaches.log" file which contains the following information:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blocking reason: adminpw
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date/time : 2021-02-01 14:37:10 GMT
URL : http://verespgsz-buj.hu/site/administrator/index.php
User : Guest
IP : 195.199.250.246
Continent : (unknown continent)
UA : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:84.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/84.0

Any idea how to solve the login problem?
Last edited by toivo on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: split from someone else's 3.x topic - please create your own topics in the future!

abernyte
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Can't access website admin

Post by abernyte » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:46 pm

@ orbanrobert You will have to use phpMyAdmin in the hosts cPanel for the site to access that plugin and set enabled to 0.
It would also be better if you had made a new topic instead of hijacking this one.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." Thomas Paine

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 2.5”