Extreme long Time To First Byte with only one joomla site

Discussion regarding Joomla! 2.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
lexthoonen
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Extreme long Time To First Byte with only one joomla site

Post by lexthoonen » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:53 am

Hi,

on one (joomla 2.5) site, I've got an extreme long Time To First Byte, it's 60 seconds. It's only the public site, the admin part works perfect. Other (joomla) sites on the same server run perfectly.

Link to waterfall:
http://www.webpagetest.org/result/15020 ... 1/details/

I changed the template of the homepage to the beez one, same problem.

Have to say: I recently moved the site from one server to this new (very fast) one, which had newer versions of php and everything.

There are some modules that use a lot of work: 2 facebook and 1 twitter, i disabled them, didn't change a thing.

I enabled debug, doesn't tell me much, don't know if the info I'd need is there or if I'm just too blind to see it.

How do I debug this? Is it database related?

Althought the admin part works really fast, I thought I'd put a nearly empty php file echoing hello world, went fast as well. So it seems it's not php, not the template, not the server, not the normal db. Seems like has to be a component, right? But 60 seconds...

I'll include some relevant info.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

itoctopus
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Extreme long Time To First Byte with only one joomla sit

Post by itoctopus » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:38 pm

60 seconds is just way too long. We did have a similar problem with one of our clients before, and it turned out that it was a curl call that was grabbing data from a URL (that no longer exists) and timing out after 30 seconds (it seems that the timeout in your environment is 60 seconds).

You will need to check all your 3rd party plugins and all your 3rd party modules.

It is a very remote possibility that it's a SQL issue - but it's a good idea to take a look at the slow query log.
http://www.itoctopus.com - Joomla consulting at its finest
https://twitter.com/itoctopus - Follow us on Twitter

lexthoonen
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by lexthoonen » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:51 pm

Ok, I'll have a look. Thanks for pointing me in this direction! It seems to make sense.

HDsportsAT
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by HDsportsAT » Tue May 05, 2015 7:29 pm

do you have solved your problem.? i think a have the same problem with my site (www.HDsports.at)
My Joomla-site: www.HDsports.at

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 2.5”