Text Filters - No Filtering

Discussion regarding Joomla! 2.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
CDNKnights
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Text Filters - No Filtering

Post by CDNKnights » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:13 pm

I have my Super Administrator account set with the "No Filtering" option in the Article Manager's "Text Filtering" menu however it is still filtering out things like Javascript.

My understanding is that the "No Filtering" option does just that...filters nothing! Am I mistaken on this?
Thanks,
CDNKnights

joomjub
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Text Filters - No Filtering

Post by joomjub » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:29 am

Im a noob at joomla as I just started using this a couple of days ago but here goes:

The editor TinyMCE has script,applet,iframe as prohibited code. You can check this out for yourself on EXTENSIONS>PLUG-IN MANAGER>and the click on Editor-TinyMCE. Now no filtering does mean just that , but because TinyMCE has script prohibited, anytime you put javascript in it erases it. I myself deleted iframe from being prohibited but it does nothing so I don't know. If you while in the Editor-TinyMCE options select clean code on save to 'Never' or 'Front only(if you plan on adding code from backend only)' then you should probably be able to add your javascript although I don't know if it's safe or not to leave it like that. Again I'm a real noob. With no filtering you should have no trouble putting in everything except script/applet/iframe. I'm too lazy to explain more as there is a lot but I've found this out by googling a lot. Google text filtering...TinyMCE + script.. TinyMCE + iframe... and you'll find information. Good luck.

CDNKnights
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by CDNKnights » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:53 am

joomjub,

Unfortunately the issue I'm having has nothing to do with the TinyMCE editor as I use Editor-None. I've checked out the blacklist as well (rootdir/libraries/joomla/filter/filterinput.php) and although it does have a number of things like 'applet', 'body', 'bgsound', and others including the ones you mentioned above. The blacklist however, from what I can tell, does not include anything that removes javascript or php. I've also searched google quite a bit and can't find any solution to this.

Thanks for your reply all the same, but unfortunately this doesn't help me. :(
Thanks,
CDNKnights

joomjub
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by joomjub » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:45 am

Well I hope some smarty pants comes in and solves your problem. These filtering things are a real pain. I guess everything is a real pain since I've never used joomla. Mess with all your permission settings and global settings..anything that could cause this issue. That's how ive found stuff.. black list, white list, no editor... click,click,click.. you're bound to have a eureka moment. haha. I made an account just to respond to your post, not even when I needed help did i make an account. Man I'm nice. lol. peace.

rodotheos
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rodotheos » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:08 pm

@CDNKnights
I found the following help-article on the Net and it worked for me.
http://www.joomtraining.com.au/tutorial ... -joomla-16

CDNKnights
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by CDNKnights » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:53 pm

@CDNKnights
I found the following help-article on the Net and it worked for me.
http://www.joomtraining.com.au/tutorial ... -joomla-16
@rodotheos
Thanks for your reply. All the steps outlined in this tutorial are ones I have already have set.

The odd thing I have discovered is that I am able to put in a full script like the one used to enable tooltips, however something like <a href="javascript:imageProcessor('image-name.png');">Image</a> gets filtered out.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
CDNKnights

pwiseman
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pwiseman » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:18 am

I had two environments on 1.7.2 of which one worked (i.e. html tags were saved) and one didn't. I'd never touched the default filters. Changing the SuperUser filter to No Filtering was a workaround to the problem but didn't explain it.

The other factor was my group hierarchy. In one environment (the one that broke), the Super User group was in the Manager tree and the admin user was associated with both the Super User group and the Publisher group. Removing the publisher group from the admin user resolved the filtering problem. In my other environment the Super User group is at the top of the tree, and the admin user is only associated with the Super User group.

mayurab
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mayurab » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:33 am

Anybody fixed the issue of text-filters for joomla 1.7.x?
I am still not able to embed javascript tag in articles..please help

CDNKnights
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by CDNKnights » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:41 am

@mayurab

I don't have any issues with Javascript in 1.7 - What JS are you trying to use?
Thanks,
CDNKnights

mayurab
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mayurab » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:56 am

I need to use simple <script language="javascript">...code...</script> tags in articles. Every time tags not saved....

CDNKnights
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by CDNKnights » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:02 am

Alright, that shouldn't be an issue at all, I have a number of sites currently running that type of js in articles.

Are you using an editor like TimyMCE or "No Editor"?
Are you using the Super Admin with "No Filtering" set?
Thanks,
CDNKnights

mayurab
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mayurab » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:05 am

Yes I am using JCE (TinyMCE)
Also have super admin with "No filtering"

mayurab
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mayurab » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:08 am

@CDNKnights

I am using Joomla Version 1.7.1.
modified global configuration
modified tinymce / JCE configurations
modified article -> options->text filtering
ect

CDNKnights
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by CDNKnights » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:12 am

I don't suppose you'd want to PM me a login so I can take a look?
Thanks,
CDNKnights

mayurab
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mayurab » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:26 am

I am sorry but I really can't. I can not find the option in TineyMCE plugin manager for
Code Cleanup on Startup → Off
Code Cleanup on Save → Always (TinyMCE since Joomla! version 1.5.12)
Do Not Clean HTML Entities → Yes

Am I using wrong version ?

CDNKnights
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by CDNKnights » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:35 am

No worries, definitely understand not wanting to give that kinda thing out.

To be honest, I don't use TinyMCE - I always use Editor - None.

Try changing your editor to None and inset your Javascript. If that works, then you'll know it's an issue with TinyMCE stripping it. From the settings you've told me about I'm guessing your issue is with the editor, not your filter settings.

Give that a try and let me know how you make out.
Thanks,
CDNKnights

nicorellius
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by nicorellius » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:16 am

I had this same problem. I noticed the <script> tag was in the TinyMCE editor settings but that wasn't my problem so I left it in there... Then I realized that I really didn't want an editor at all. I turned it off: Global > Editor: None.

Now my code looks good and isn't stripped, ie, <?php blah; ?> is left alone.

NOTE: TinyMCE in Plugins > Prohibited elements has <script> in it by default in 1.7.

xaviergarcia
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by xaviergarcia » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:09 am

This Work for me... (joomla 2.5)

Global Configuration > Site
Default Editor > Editor - None

Global Configuration > Text Filters
Administrator > No Filtering
Super Users > No Filtering

Earthson
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Earthson » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:45 am

I'm having the same issue, and I'm about to pull my hair out! Why can't The bloody Text Filter work like it is supposed to? What a piece of crap!

Anyway, I'm trying to insert some non-standard code. It is constantly stripped out. I tried to use [ur=http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... tent/5051l]Sourcerer[/url], but the code still gets stripped.

Any idea how to get the below code to not be stripped?

Code: Select all

{JFBCGraph title=6 Reasons You Need a Website | The Laughable News} {JFBCGraph description=In this day and age, trying to run a business without a website is senseless. For around $500 per year, you can have a great website designed, hosted, and managed. It will become a great selling tool, and likely bring in an assortment of potential advertisers.} {JFBCGraph image=http://www.mysite.com/images/easyblog_images/1/General_Images/website.jpg}

baijianpeng
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by baijianpeng » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:30 am

I have the same problem: already set to "No Filtering" for both Super User and Administrator in Global Configuration, but the Joomla editor (even the "None" eidtor) still keep removing/stripping my code!

What the hell why this happened? Why the Joomla core team can not make this filtering rules work?
JoomlaGate - Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

http://www.joomlagate.com

halx
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by halx » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:31 pm

So, folks. 3 years passed. ver 3.4 here. But the problem is still there? TinyMCE stripping javascript despite all of the settings directing not to?

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:56 am

halx wrote:So, folks. 3 years passed. ver 3.4 here. But the problem is still there? TinyMCE stripping javascript despite all of the settings directing not to?
Most of the WYSIWYG editors (TinyMCE, CodeMirror, JCE) do that. I use "No editor" if I'm trying to add Javascript snippets to my articles.

FYI, J! 3.5.1 is out and it's worth upgrading to that for the extra benefits that it adds to the WYSIWYG editors. It won't solve the problem you're having, but it's worth the upgrade for the other features that are added. ;)

halx
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by halx » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:41 pm

Thanks. But for some reason after setting None, I'm still seeing TinyMCE. Upgraded to 3.5.1. as well.

UPD. Created a separate user with None Editor. It works now. Thanks again!

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 2.5”