fatal error

Discussion regarding Joomla! 2.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
mslaraine
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

fatal error

Post by mslaraine » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:39 pm

I installed Joomla using the preinstalled option on the godaddy hosting plan I purchased. Typically, I manually install Joomla, but since it was there, I went with it.

Now I am having awful trouble loading the websites. One in particular is:
www.louisvillelaxcamps.com

This site will take over 30 seconds to load - if it does. I have used the same template on another server and have no issues whatsoever.

The current error I got was: Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\Hosting\6668471\html\modules\mod_janewslight\ja_newslight\helper.php on line 78

Is there anything I can do to increase the speed with which the site loads or should I just go to another server?

CDNKnights
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: fatal error

Post by CDNKnights » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:41 pm

I just checked out the site and it loaded in about 10 seconds and everything looks fine. Are you using your computer as the server / a server at home to host your sites? If that's the case it may just be an issue of your bandwidth. Also, how many sites are you hosting off the same machine?
Thanks,
CDNKnights

mslaraine
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mslaraine » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:37 pm

This is using a shared hosting plan using IIS as the web server. It's a pretty big provider and joomla was installed through their installer and this error is still occurring. It has happened on different files and different lines but always the 30 second fatal error. Any other ideas?

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:40 pm

gddy are infamous

However a few other thins may be the problem

Have you pasted directly from MSword ?

Perhaps the size of the images are causing problems ?
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein

Thetjo
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Thetjo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:35 am

Is that mod_janewslight trying to connect to a remote server that it cannot (or may not, as per the server settings of your Windows (:()) access anymore? Trying disabling each of your modules one at a time to see if that resolves your problem.
http://www.conversionreview.com/ - Start improving your conversion rate with an expert review

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 2.5”