Archived Articles: Unable to read, redirect loop

Discussion regarding Joomla! 2.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
UnlogicalEd
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Archived Articles: Unable to read, redirect loop

Post by UnlogicalEd » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:36 pm

Hello,

I'm not certain if this is the right category, as administration seemed right as well... but I've been searching the forums and google as to why this is happening and haven't really found a solution. It seemed to be an old issue in 1.5 as well with SEF checked.

Problem:
I've archived 2 test articles and they are listed via an Archived Articles menu item on the frontend. The Title and intro text show up, and the title link appears active but when I click on it the link redirects to the same page essentially just refreshing the page and making the archived articles inaccessible. I may be blind, but I can't seem to find anything in the backend to solve this other than switching SEF urls off.

Does anyone know if it's a setting that I don't have right or perhaps have some sort of solution? If I scratch my head any more I may end up digging right through it.

Thanks folks!

ZenoVanElea
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Archived Articles: Unable to read, redirect loop

Post by ZenoVanElea » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:17 pm

Hi,

I ran into the same problem. It looks like it is My website is a Joomla 1.6 with the JA_T3_blank template. My archived articles look like

Code: Select all

http://zeno.netne.net/marsweide/index.php/nieuws/archief?id=42:klassenshows-geruild
When one clicks on an article title one would expect the complete article would show up. :'(

Did you find out how to fix this? Or anyone else?

gurukatre
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by gurukatre » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:43 pm

hi ZenoVanElea

you just need to change the permission of joomla

i was getting same problem in joomla1.7

command to change permission sudo chmod -R 777 your directory name

don't forget to revert the permission for security reason. ;D
Thanks
Kind Regards

Teratoma
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Teratoma » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:49 pm

I am using the current version of Joomla 3. I am also having this problem and the fix from gurukatre did not work for me. I did manage to get the links to work when I turned off 'Search Engine Friendly URLs' in global configuration->site.

Problem is, I want those turned on. Is there any alternative way to fix this?

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 2.5”