Global Config: allow user registration defaulting to "no"

Discussion regarding Joomla! 2.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
TGC Garden
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Global Config: allow user registration defaulting to "no"

Post by TGC Garden » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Hi there, apologies first off if this is in the wrong section, this seemed most appropriate, but I wasn't sure!
I'm having a problem with my Global Configuration settings, specifically "Allow User Registration". I installed a Kunena forum on my website and noticed that the "Create New Account" option had disappeared, meaning no-one could log in to the forum. After seeking support on the Kunena forum, I found out the problem was that my "allow user registration" was set to no. I switched it to yes, and the problem seemed solved. However, after a few hours it switches back to "no" again, removing the "create new account option again".

The Kunena forum tells me this is a Joomla problem, so I came to post here. I can't figure out how to get this setting to stick, I don't know what's causing it to default to no. As far as I know, no one else has access to my global configuration, so no-one is changing it.

Any Advice? Thanks!

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 2.5”