No Mootools Upgrade

Discussion regarding Joomla! 2.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
thinkhead
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

No Mootools Upgrade

Post by thinkhead » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:23 am

Hi,

I just installed the news versions of joomla 1.6 and Kunena a few days ago. They are both great product, but I got a few problem with mootools. So I decided to activated it for testing, suprise ! I got no "System - Mootools Upgrade" either in the plugin manager or in the manage section of the Extension manager.

It might be a stupid question, but is it normal ? Because, I have a few problem on my website and all the search on google show that it's because of mootools. But all the result are for joomla 1.5, not joomla 1.6.

Thank you !

realityking
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: No Mootools Upgrade

Post by realityking » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:18 pm

There is no Mootools upgrade plug-in for Joomla 1.6, it always comes with Mootools 1.3, no other choice ;)

thinkhead
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by thinkhead » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:57 pm

So, how can I test my mootools ? I mean, how can I be shure that it's not corrupted or something like that.

Thanks!

realityking
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by realityking » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:16 pm

I really don't understand the question. The Mootools upgrade plug in was used to give Joomla 1.5 users an opt-in possibility to go to Mootools 1.2. Why would your Mootools copy be corrupted? If you fear so replace it with the Mootools files from the Joomla 1.6 archive.

thinkhead
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by thinkhead » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:29 am

realityking wrote:I really don't understand the question. The Mootools upgrade plug in was used to give Joomla 1.5 users an opt-in possibility to go to Mootools 1.2. Why would your Mootools copy be corrupted? If you fear so replace it with the Mootools files from the Joomla 1.6 archive.
Sorry, I didn't think that the mootools Upgrade was only for the upgrade. I taught it was for the using of some extension or plugin.

Where can I find these archive ? Whch files to replaces ?

Thanks

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 2.5”