Extremely SLOoowww on iPage Shared and even on localhost

Discussion regarding Joomla! 2.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
rpacdn
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Extremely SLOoowww on iPage Shared and even on localhost

Post by rpacdn » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:23 pm

I am noticing major delays (several seconds to load each page) in loading any pages on my Joomla site. I am seeing the same issue on both my localhost and also on my website on iPage shared server. However, I do have a regular traditional style website on the iPage which obviously is loading fast enough.

My localhost configuration:
- Windows 7
- XAMPP (latest version)
- Joomla 1.6
Extensions:
- T3 Framework for J1.6
- Purity II template.

I did not even change the default pages, but the site is noticably SLOooww..... and it is equally slow on my iPage server based test site as well.

Host: iPage (used the iPage extensions installer to install Joomla 1.6)
Installed location: /base/path/of/my/site/joomla
Currently not configured as the default site. The default site is an html/CSS based site created by hand coding and Dreamweaver.

Clearly I can see that the Joomla.org site and many other Joomla sites are working fine. So it is probably something that I am NOT doing that is making my site too slow. I had experienced the same problem with 1.5 as well. I have seen few others also raise this same concern.

Is there anything I can do to improve the performance. Please let me know if you need more information. I can sent you the link to my site in a private email if it helps you to see my test site.

Thank you.

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 2.5”