Read More link not working on my own template

Discussion regarding Joomla! 2.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
emicom
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Read More link not working on my own template

Post by emicom » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:43 pm

Hello. I'm new at joomla 1.6, but I've been studying how it works to do a web site I need. I wanted to create my own template and after searching a little bit, I found how to do it. The problem I'm having is that I created an article with a readmore link. When I try to click on this link, it sends me to a new page, but it doesn't show the rest of the text (the link doesn't work at it should). I read that that is a problem of my template, that I'm missing an html folder. What I tried was to copy the html folder from the Atomic template but it didn't work :( ... If I use a different template, then the readmore link does work.

I appreciate if someone can help me with this problem.

(I'm attaching and image explaining what I have and how it looks... I hope it helps)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

emicom
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Read More link not working on my own template

Post by emicom » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:34 pm

I'm sorry!!.. I finally found my error, after looking a lot of tutorial of how to make a template. It was just that I was missing a very important line of code:

Code: Select all

<jdoc:include type="component" /> 
... Sorry about that.

I hope it can help others.

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 2.5”