Read More Button - Can't seem to get it to work - Solved ty

Discussion regarding Joomla! 2.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
idp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Read More Button - Can't seem to get it to work - Solved ty

Post by idp » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:46 pm

Hi I'm new to Joomla - I'm working through the manuals and tuts but somewhat confused by the differences between 1.5 (which all the training is for and 1.6 (which seems to a beginner to be significantly different).

At present I have added categiroes and articles and got the articles onto my front page - but I cannot get the read more button to do anything

In the editor is puts in an orange dashed line, in html it adds <hr id="system-readmore" />

but it doesn't seem to have any effect on the article as it appears on the page.

Help appreciated - fairly non technical if possible because I am a bit stupid

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Read More Button - Can't seem to get it to work - Solved

Post by imanickam » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:36 pm

ReadMore would work only with Blog Layouts. Is your Front Page a Blog Layout?

Also, check whether the Article Manager Option, Show "Read More" is set to Show.

Are you using the templates that are bundled with Joomla!? If not, try to use one of the templates and see what happens.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 2.5”