Redirect loop by by coincidence solved

Discussion regarding Joomla! 2.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
spaminbox
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Redirect loop by by coincidence solved

Post by spaminbox » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:45 am

Hello,
i'm a newbie i the joomla community. I started up a website with trail and error but now it works fine. I needed a private part in the site so i used a login component. After a few weeks of use suddenly i get the famous redirect loop in de frontend of my website.
I searched the cause but found nothing. I asked an engineer to look at the problem but nothing.
this is what happend:
I type in the adres in IE and get the frontpage in a normal way. When i try to login i get a white screen and on the top the little circle keeps on rotaiting for ever.
I try the same in chrome and i get this message "Fout 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): Er zijn te veel omleidingen." (i'm dutch). When i IE and retry i am automaticly logged in. In the same session i log again out and in -> the redirect thing happens again.
the backend is perfectly reachable. Almost gave up hope, but then by coincidence i find something about a plugin language filter. I deactivate and a miricale happens. My site works :laugh:
After install i completely changed joomla to dutch. I don't know the exact cause but i just wanted to share this.

ksorbo
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Redirect loop by by coincidence solved

Post by ksorbo » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Just want to confirm:

After using the built-in upgrade system from Joomla 1.6.4 to 1.7.0

I got 310 Too Many redirects when I attempt to access from the front end.

When I disabled the System Language Filter, everything seems to work just fine.

Is this a bug in 1.7.0?

fkrahe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by fkrahe » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:01 pm

Same problem here

Perarg
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Perarg » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:15 pm

Exact same problem here. Built-in upgrade system from Joomla 1.6.4 to 1.7.0 and i got too many redirects when language filter is enabled

cheat
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cheat » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:28 am

Argh, this is making me crazy.

I have the same problem, but I need the language plugin, as I am using multiple languages on my website. Is there any solution without disabling the Language filter plugin?

Perarg
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Perarg » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:37 pm

cheat
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cheat » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:24 am

Thanks Perarg, I have solved my problem by installing Joomla! 2.5 and using the fix option in extensions manager. very simple in the end.

Ironside
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Ironside » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:58 am

Same problem here, then driving me mad for a few days. Thanks to this thread, I concentrated on looking for plug-ins that could be causing the problem since this only started a few days ago when I updated Jomsocial. It turned out that the "Jomsocial redirect" plug-in was the culprit. As soon as I disabled it the problem went away.
Ham and eggs. A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

http://www.tetraplegicliving.com
http://www.oscarfishlover.com

zvanoast
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by zvanoast » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:03 pm

FYI for future readers.. I had this same issue today, redirect loop error on my index. I eventually found it that it was because my "Home" link on my main menu was linked to a deleted article. Apparently Joomla does not handle this well.

uzbaby
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by uzbaby » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:19 pm

zvanoast wrote:FYI for future readers.. I had this same issue today, redirect loop error on my index. I eventually found it that it was because my "Home" link on my main menu was linked to a deleted article. Apparently Joomla does not handle this well.
Zvanoast thank you very much for this post. I made 5 big restoration after migration from j3 toj2.5 and couldn't understand why my site is show redirect loop...though I did everything correct. Migration was successfull and after some hours my site was crashed with words redirect loop. And again restoring...again modifications...again design...again redirect loop.

I googled all internet and couldn't find solution.
Solution is so sample. I deleted my main page article.
Thank you very much. You saved my day and help to keep me from restoring my site again.

Best wishes!

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 2.5”