Joomla 2.5 User 'XXXX' has exceeded the 'max_questions'

Discussion regarding Joomla! 2.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jbokelmann
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla 2.5 User 'XXXX' has exceeded the 'max_questions'

Post by jbokelmann » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:59 am

RESOLVED SEE REPLY BELOW: I searched this database for this topic but have not located an answer so... sorry if this is a repeat.

I was in the Server Tab of the Global Configuration panel and I wanted to change the Mail settings from PHP to SMTP.
The SMTP Host that was preloaded was XXXmysql.com that I changed to smtp.comcast.net. When I changed it I don't even recall hitting save and I got the User 'XXX' has exceeded the 'max-questions' resource error on the joomla panel. I checked the website and get the same error. I tried going out of the administration screens and logging back in and get the same error.

I went in via FTP and looked at the configuration.php file and it looks like nothing had ever changed as it still shows PHP Mail and the SMTP host still has the xxxmysql.com statement in it. So I don't know if it was me or not but everything went down when I was doing this panel and nobody else has access to the backend.

IDEAS? I need some help and other than doing a complete restore... I'm at a loss for options.
Last edited by jbokelmann on Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

jbokelmann
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Joomla 2.5 User 'XXXX' has exceeded the 'max_questions'

Post by jbokelmann » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:00 am

Not being able to resolve this issue myself, I went to bed and look at it again in the morning with the hope that someone here may have an answer.

I went to the website and tried it and it was up and working.
I went to the back end and everything was working

This was nothing that I did and was a Mysql database problem at the server level at the host provider. whew...

itoctopus
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by itoctopus » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:24 am

To prevent this from happening (because it'll happen again), you will need to do the following:

- Login as root to MySQL
- Run the following query:

UPDATE user SET max_questions = 0 WHERE user = 'your_mysql_user';

- Restart MySQL
http://www.itoctopus.com - Joomla consulting at its finest
https://twitter.com/itoctopus - Follow us on Twitter

sgower
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sgower » Fri May 01, 2015 4:07 pm

I am getting this connection error as well. I tried the previoud mentioned fix but I get errors when I run it.

Can some one please provide assistance on how to resolve this.

thanks,

Steve

sgower
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sgower » Wed May 06, 2015 4:13 pm

itoctopus wrote:To prevent this from happening (because it'll happen again), you will need to do the following:

- Login as root to MySQL
- Run the following query:

UPDATE user SET max_questions = 0 WHERE user = 'your_mysql_user';

- Restart MySQL
I am using a hosted account for my Joomla site. My hosting provider gives access to the MyPHPAdmin but not to the MySQL command line. How can I perform this update to correct the "exceeded the 'max_questions'" error?

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 2.5”