Website very slow since last week

Discussion regarding Joomla! 2.5 Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bartonline
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Website very slow since last week

Post by bartonline » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:23 pm

Since last week a website for a client is very slow in frontend and backend and give sometimes timeouts.

And there are many queries in table _session.

What could be the cause?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sitesrus
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Website very slow since last week

Post by sitesrus » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:46 pm

A lot of people visiting the site...user's visit the site and get sessions.

If you have a website for a client, and you don't know how to analyze/trouble shoot this...what are you doing making sites for clients?

Make a test site copy and in the test site turn on error reporting/notices, joomla debug to see memory consumption and loads times of various pages after rendered. Investigate number of third party extensions installed and running. Check number of users total and use google analytics or webalizer to check stats for visits and see if your site is getting hammered.

Review slow query log and if slow queries isn't on turn it on, than turn it off when you're done.

What type of hosting is this and if it's shared is it good hosting? You only get X amount of resources/connections on shared hosting so if too many people visit some people's connections will freeeze waiting to connect or get axed completely and if there's not enough resources to generate the site like memory it will cause problems too. PHP get's compiled over and over when people visit the site so too many visits means too much CPU/memory utilization and shared provider will cut you off.

Amazon web services or VPN's/dedicated servers are better. Turn on caching in Joomla, make sure site is compressed and optimized and use a CDN if possible. Relieve burden on the server, check out cloudflare free plan.

Make sure no one is using DOS attacks or you don't have malicious scripts uploaded by accident either.

Educate yourself as well, you should know these things!
I like working with Joomla :)

sitesrus
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by sitesrus » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:15 pm

Ysmayrab wrote:hi, try to check whether your website is affected with any problem and clear it soon. Make sure your website is secured from any type of caches. This stupendous wig uplifted the style of my personality completely. I feel so comfortable wearing this stunning short blonde bob wig for any occasion. I acquired boyish look to my appearance while wearing this wig because of its trendy bob hairstyle. The price of this wig is very reasonable to me. The finest quality of fiber used in this wig admired me a lot. I choose to buy this chic wig from Wigsbuy by visiting this web link shop.wigsbuy.com/Short-Blonde-Bob-Wig/. I was benefited with the valuable discount offer which is very tempting. I tried wearing cute long layered haircuts with side bangs which made me look so charming.
LOL, awesome!
I like working with Joomla :)

bartonline
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bartonline » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:53 pm

Problem solved, it was a hack.

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 2.5”