Double language code in URL - SEF gives 404

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: infograf768, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
mmikan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Double language code in URL - SEF gives 404

Post by mmikan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:43 pm

Chabo wrote:Just let you know, same problem with Nice Ajax Poll module for Joomla 1.7

Regards!
THANK YOU @Chabo, Thank you very very very much. Just spent two hours debugging same problem with duplicate language code for non-default leanguage in Joomla 2.5.7
And didn't have neither ChronoForms nor any other SEF plugin installed, BUT DID HAVE Nice Ajax Poll module published on frontpage in both languages. The second I unpublished it, the problem was gone. Funny, didnt even need that module, it was just leftover from my model site which I sude to start any new project.

Reading these forums really helps....

DomJam
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Double language code in URL - SEF gives 404

Post by DomJam » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:11 am

Dear all,
Dear Lord!

THANK YOU indeed to get those posts still accessible years after years!
This one made my day today!

I have just spent hours and hours to understand why one of my website was getting this '/en/en/' instead of the normal '/en/' at the end of the url. And why, then, all the urls where hitting the 404, due to wrong paths.

Just when I was getting totally desperate, I found this topic. Checked my extensions.... and found that ' EXTRAWATCH' from http://www.codegravity.com/ was causing that.

Instantly after disabling the Extrawatch extensions, things turned to be normal again.

Wether it is dur to Extrawatch or an interaction with another 3rd party component, I am writing to the Extrawatch guys to let them know the issue, hoping they will find out what is going on.

Many thanks to you guys,
Please keep posting all your issues, solutions... this can help the community, even through time!

Cheers
DomJam

Return to “Language - Joomla! 2.5”