Parsing errors in language files

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: infograf768, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Way2exhale
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Parsing errors in language files

Post by Way2exhale » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:41 am

I turned on my Joomla Debug Console and received a topic in highted in red "Parsing errors in language files" JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_shaper_megadeal.ini : error(s) in line(s) 1, 4, 23, 29, 32, 44, 51, 68

Not sure what I am suppose to do next. Can someone give me some advice. :)

Here are the list of the language files loaded, but not sure what to do next.
**Loaded** : JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_system_logout.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.lib_joomla.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_shaper_megadeal.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_content.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_acymailing.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/modules/mod_acymailing/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_acymailing.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_acymailing.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_acymailing_custom.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_virtuemart_cart.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_klarna.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_sofort.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_standard.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_paypal.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_payzen.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_systempay.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_acc.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_did.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_idl.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_gir.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_sft.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_pwy.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_obt.ini
**Not loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_moneybookers_wlt.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_authorizenet.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_heidelpay.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_sofort_ideal.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_vmpayment_klarnacheckout.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_login.ini
**Loaded** : JROOT/administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.plg_system_debug.ini

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Parsing errors in language files

Post by Webdongle » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:28 am

What happens if you use one of Joomla's templates ?

Is your 2.5 up to date ?
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein

Way2exhale
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Way2exhale » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:35 am

I believe I am using the most current update Joomla 2.5.16

I am using a 3rd party template and so far the site appears to be working fine. I am not sure if I need to do anything about the error code.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:42 am

The template you are referring to being a commercial template suggest getting in touch with the template's developer.

Be informed that in core Joomla! the language strings are in the format as shown below:
LANGUAGE_STRING_CONSTANT="Language String Variable"

Note: If there is a double quotes used in the language string variable then it has to be represented as "_QQ_" or "

You could check in the file JROOT/language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_shaper_megadeal.ini and check how the language string is defined.

Note: Other than parsing errors noticed that there are several language files that are not loaded. Check whether these files exist. If not you may like to check the extension probably by installing it on an another instance. If the files exist, you may have to check the file permissions.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Way2exhale
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Way2exhale » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Thanks Imanickam

I was able to reach out to the template's developer and they worked with me to remove the errors from the language string :)

Return to “Language - Joomla! 2.5”