Default language

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: infograf768, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
shebas72
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Default language

Post by shebas72 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:08 pm

my site has two languages namely English and Arabic.whenever i open,it sometimes opens English page and sometime Arabic page.i want to fix it to English version instead of opening English and Arabic randomly. I use the basic documentation from joomla site to biuld the site. i dont know where did i go wrong.so please help me to open English by default all the time

Thank you

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Default language

Post by imanickam » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:17 pm

Be known that if you had visited the site earlier and subsequently if you go to the site, the language when viewed the site last would be used irrespective of the setting in the plug-in "System - Language Filter". The information is stored in the cookie. Probably changing the lifetime of the cookie would be of help.

Try the following:

Go to the Plug-in Manager, open the plug-in "System - Language Filter" for Edit and for the option "Cookie Lifetime" choose the value session. By default this value would be set as Year.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

shebas72
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by shebas72 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:44 pm

sorry i dont see any cookie lifetime option or value session option in plug-in manager. i just want my site to open english all the time

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:56 pm

imanickam wrote:Go to the Plug-in Manager, open the plug-in "System - Language Filter" for Edit and for the option "Cookie Lifetime" choose the value session.
What version of Joomla! you are using?

The latest version of Joomla! 2.5 is 2.5.17.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Language - Joomla! 2.5”