Prevent translation for a few modules?

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: infograf768, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
sulino_l
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Prevent translation for a few modules?

Post by sulino_l » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:33 am

Hello,

I'm having trouble with handling a multilingual website.
My site has multiple languages ​​including Persian and English. I had to add Persian language to this site but this part / ir / must keep items English and the English translation, but the url should be well ... / ir / ...
I have a problem for my contact form and I SmartSearch:
I can not prevent the translation from English into Persian.
Is it possible, keeping the url / ir / , redirect to the English form? or can disable translation for some modules and the contact form?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Paul_F
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Prevent translation for a few modules?

Post by Paul_F » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:22 am

Hello, u can create language overrides for the specific language's form fields.

Go to Extensions>Language Manager>Overrides , select the filter for the language, and then create new

If u tell me what exactly u want to change in the form, i can u tell you exactly the constants you have to change...
http://activewebdt.com
“Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live”

sulino_l
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sulino_l » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:58 pm

Firstly, thank you Paul_F for your answer.

About the unwanted translation in the contact form, all labels fields are concerned.

Unfortunately, I can not say anymore because I can not find where this form was created .. (I started with joomla, sorry)

Paul_F
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Paul_F » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:53 pm

Alright sulino, so u have to login in ur admin panel and go to extensions>language manager> and click the overrides tab select the Persian Filter and click new.

You will notice that there is a search on the right side over there u can copy and paste the persian word for lets say the Name label ... In that case let the Value ticked and click search. If u already know the constant then u have to switch to constant and then click search.

If u click search, a list will show up below the search field with the results of your search. The constant that u need to change will be in that list ... Lets say for the Name label u will see COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_EMAIL_NAME_LABEL .

On the left side now there a field with the label Language Constant. In there u have to put the COM_CONTACT_CONTACT_EMAIL_NAME_LABEL and at the field with the label Text you write the language override which in our case is Name.

You click save and u are rdy .. You have to do the same for every label of ur form.

An article to provide the process with pictures can be found HERE
http://activewebdt.com
“Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live”

Return to “Language - Joomla! 2.5”