How to remove article id in url ?

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 2.5. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 2.5 extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
szyfrow
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: How to remove article id in url ?

Post by szyfrow » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:35 am

leolam wrote:note: this is only valid for Joomla 2.5. Joomla 3.x requires some other stuff as well
That's why I'm not that keen on core overrides. Thanks anyway.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:51 am

szyfrow wrote:
leolam wrote:note: this is only valid for Joomla 2.5. Joomla 3.x requires some other stuff as well
That's why I'm not that keen on core overrides. Thanks anyway.
Core overrides are a splendid way to make changes without touching core. To avoid confusion I only posted here what is needed for Joomla 2.5. For Joomla 3.1 we need one more line changed but again it is the perfect and only way to add or change core without having to redo it with an upgrade

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

waarnemer
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by waarnemer » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:40 am

@Leo, as stated by 'tat2d' in his edit, the overrides don't work..

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 0#p3004784

ReFiLL
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ReFiLL » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:54 pm

leolam wrote:Core overrides are a splendid way to make changes without touching core. To avoid confusion I only posted here what is needed for Joomla 2.5. For Joomla 3.1 we need one more line changed but again it is the perfect and only way to add or change core without having to redo it with an upgrade

Leo 8)

I am searching high and low for the 3.1 solution. Used the Router.php hack on 1.5 and up, and I am having trouble finding the solution you are eluding to. The only info I keep finding is the "Hidden Menu" option which seems time consuming. Please help.

Regards,

Phil

changlee
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by changlee » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:47 am

konetkar500 wrote:I think you have to create menu items for every article.
I think you have no idea what this topic is...

If the topic creator makes a new article, he has to create a new menu item each time?

Are you serious?
If you do not programm your life, someone else will do it for you.
SMTP Newsletter APP: https://www.emailbat.com

kogos
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kogos » Wed May 14, 2014 7:51 pm

the router.php works, no matter joomla version... but it will DESTROY your site, SEO-wise...

And that's because the old links (with the articleID in the link) are still valid. So, both links work, with or without articleID, and search engines hate that...

It need to be added as feature... and i really don't know why it's not there yet...

But it's joomla... you leave and die with an ID (itemID, articleID, you name it...)

Best bet for now is use .htaccess to change urls and remove articleIDs.

henok21
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by henok21 » Wed May 21, 2014 8:46 am

Hi,

I'm have a similar issue but slightly different. My URL links in the K2 Category are displaying the category name in between the 'read more' text on the webpage. eg K2_READ_MORE_BLOG (http://www.tradishional.com/blog.html)

I would really appreciate anyone's help on removing this and displaying only 'Read More'.

Thank you

kogos
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kogos » Sat May 31, 2014 10:47 am

henok21 wrote:Hi,

I'm have a similar issue but slightly different. My URL links in the K2 Category are displaying the category name in between the 'read more' text on the webpage. eg K2_READ_MORE_BLOG (http://www.tradishional.com/blog.html)

I would really appreciate anyone's help on removing this and displaying only 'Read More'.

Thank you
this is a totally different problem than the one discussed here, but here's a possible solution...

go in language\en-GB\en-GB.com_k2.ini
and look for K2_READ_MORE=
and change it to K2_READ_MORE="Read more..." (or whatever text you want to show)
also, check out language\en-GB\en-GB.mod_k2_content.ini
and look for K2_READ_MORE=
K2_READ_MORE_LINK=

If you can't change it this way, look for a template override file that is causing this...
...or look in components\com_k2\templates\YOUR_TEMPLATE_NAME\category_item.php for a K2_READ_MORE_BLOG value and change it...

jayham
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jayham » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:12 am

using joomla 3 and k2 I was able to enable settings in K2 Parameters look for
"Use the item ID in the URL!" and "Use the category ID in the URL" turn they off. few other parameters you should look at too.

As usual I am trying to remove catogories for the url, I know its simple but just cant find it. off for a coffee.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 2.5”