Remove pages

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 2.5. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 2.5 extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
birkelund
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Remove pages

Post by birkelund » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:03 pm

Hi Everybody. This is my first post on this forum, so I hope I placed it in the right category, and not breaking any rules.

I have a problem with my brand new page http://www.eshop-logistics.dk

I've had 23 pages indexed in google so fare, but there should only be 19

When I look at the last 4 pages they are not pages that i've created and they are a mix of the content from the other pages. Anybody who can tell me how I remove these pages so that they are not visible.

You can find them here https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A ... k&start=20

somkenwong
I've been banned!

Re: Remove pages

Post by somkenwong » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:20 pm

To completely remove an entire page from Google search results:
On the Webmaster Tools home page, click the site you want.
On the Dashboard, click Google Index on the left-hand menu.
Click Remove URLs.
Click New removal request.
Type the URL of the page you want removed from search results (not the Google search results URL or cached page URL), and then click Continue. How to find the right URL. The URL is case-sensitive—use exactly the same characters and capitalization that the site uses.
Click Yes, remove this page.
Click Submit Request.

birkelund
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by birkelund » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:53 pm

I was more looking for a way to remove it from joomla. I knew about how to remove it from google but I need to make sure that it doesnt appear again in any other search engines. So are there a way to delete it from joomla?

tamlm
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tamlm » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:23 pm

@birkelund: Google search engine needs time to get the pages of your site and speed to get is relating rank, page view.... Please waiting for and re-check it some days or weeks

birkelund
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by birkelund » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:39 pm

I understand that they will disappear from google if i remove them like somkenwong says.

But my question is if there is a way to remove/delete them from joomla. So that the pages doesn't exist any more. Not only remove them from the search engines, but remove them from the CMS.

CSS-GURU
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by CSS-GURU » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:01 am

first question is that, if you not created these pages from where these are in your site? am i right? if these are mix up taken automatically then you can delete these pages from your admin menu ... the simple is that ... while i am surprised that automatically pages are there ... so any one tell us should we use some sort of extension so that such pages can not be there .... any one knows about such extension because it may lead towards some serious issues ... please tell us if any one know about it ...

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 2.5”