How to add the trailing slash at the end of category url's

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 2.5. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 2.5 extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jeevanandam21
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

How to add the trailing slash at the end of category url's

Post by jeevanandam21 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:49 pm

I'm using joomla 2.5.18 version,
I would like to add suffix to url and i did, which is .html at the end of all urls.
But now i would like to change the category url's a bit, it's nothing but to add "Trailing Slash" instead of ".html"
So the category url's are end with "Trailing Slash" (/) and the rest should have (.html)
Can anyone please guide me that how can i do this?

Thanks in advance!

itoctopus
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: How to add the trailing slash at the end of category url

Post by itoctopus » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:00 pm

Actually, any URL in Joomla will work without the .html - so, if you don't want categories to have .html at the end, you just have to override the generated layout (in modules) and remove the .html from category links and replace it with a forward slash.

Note: Some extensions can do this for you automatically, so just do a quick search on the JED and you'll be able to find some.
http://www.itoctopus.com - Joomla consulting at its finest
https://twitter.com/itoctopus - Follow us on Twitter

jeevanandam21
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: How to add the trailing slash at the end of category url

Post by jeevanandam21 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:35 am

Thank you for your reply,

I followed your steps, but i can't able to reach the solution exactly!
Cause when i tried to find the generated layout(in modules) for category, it was not there.
But i found some thing else, In joomla root include/router.php there i see option to edit the suffix, when i tried it applied for all links, not only for categories.

About the JED extension, i made a quick search but i didn't found any extension related to my request.

So now i'm looking forward to fix this, if you have any idea's, please share with me.

Thanks!
Jeeva.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 2.5”