Where can I add tracking code?

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Al the Editor
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Where can I add tracking code?

Post by Al the Editor » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:20 pm

I have a new problem: I have found the index.php file, but below is the text I see. Wright refers me to Joomlashack for help, but they won't help me b/c I am not a subscriber. HubSpot says there may be a Joomla extension that will let me paste in the tracking code. I can't seem to find what extension that would be. Can you help again?

<?php
/**
* @package Wright
* @subpackage Template Index File
* @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2016 Joomlashack. Meritage Assets. All rights reserved.
* @license GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt
* Expected to see a template file here? Well this template is just a little
* different. In order to provide some extra features, we've altered a few
* little things about how Joomla templates work.
* See usage and customization information at
* http://wright.joomlashack.com
*/

// No direct access
defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access');

// Include the framework
require dirname(__FILE__) . '/wright/wright.php';

// Initialize the framework and
$tpl = Wright::getInstance();
$tpl->display();
Last edited by toivo on Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: split from the resolved topic https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=619&t=995345

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Where can I add tracking code?

Post by AMurray » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:31 am

While it's a clients site, I understand, but your first focus should be getting the site into a supported version of Joomla that is at the very least, 3.10.10 which is currently support in terms of security updates and bug fixes I've not used v2.5 in 10 years or more so a little rusty on that and it's no longer receiving any fixes and updates and also won't run on modern web hosting systems (like PHP 7.4 or PHP 8).

As to the question, if Joomla 2.5 has "custom HTML" modules, perhaps you can create one to insert the HubSpot code (?). Place the module into a module position like "debug" or something "out of the way".

I assume you are meaning HubSpot as mentioned in your other post from which this was split by the moderators. Refer other post viewtopic.php?f=619&t=995345 (?)
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Al the Editor
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Where can I add tracking code?

Post by Al the Editor » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:38 pm

Thank you! Yes, our webmaster knows we are way out of date and it's not good. I'll keep the pressure on him!
Yes, HubSpot as mentioned in the other post. Thanks to the moderators for being alert!

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”