Joomla templates and mobile devices.

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bass528
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Joomla templates and mobile devices.

Post by bass528 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:56 am

Iam puzzled here folks, please advise. I have built a site in 2009 using artisteer for joomla 1.5, and today it is viewed just as it appears on a pc but on a phone. you can grab and zoom and looks great.

I have recently built a template using the same software( Artisteer) but for joomla 2.5 both sites are responsive and set to 90% sheet with of any res. For some reason it looks horrific on a mobile phone.

Why is the 1.5 version from 3 years ago compatible yet a newer version isnt.

Theres also no pinch to zoom on the new site but you can easily pinch to zoom on old site. The old site wasnt even optimized for mobile devices but it just worked out this way.

What gives here folks and how can I fix this where one can pinch to zoom and the site is loaded looking normal, smaller but proportioned on a mobile device.

I tried extension named Mobile and it turns the site into a mobile theme, which is not what Iam after, i simply want to view the site on a mobile device and not tamper with the way it looks.

If anyone would like to work on this with me please PM.

Many thanks.

outreachgeek
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla templates and mobile devices.

Post by outreachgeek » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:53 pm

There's probably an easy fix for this. Try adding the following line to your site's header:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, user-scalable=yes" />

If there's already a line in there with name="viewport", remove it. Hopefully this will fix your problem.

hhorton
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by hhorton » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:50 am

I know this post was a while ago. I have set up several sites and this is the first one that won't automatically pinch and zoom on the iPad. I gave put in the code above but it has made no difference.
Why should one site do it and not another.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:06 am

Move over to Joomla 3.6 and use a responsive template.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”