decresing webpage loading time

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
asemanehashtom
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

decresing webpage loading time

Post by asemanehashtom » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:09 pm

Hey guys
I've using joomla 2.5 with JA Teline IV template .
this is my webpage address:
http://www.epersianhotel.com/
all thing is working good but my webpage loading time is decreased. what can i do to speed my webpage loading time ?

sitesrus
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: decresing webpage loading time

Post by sitesrus » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:13 pm

Buy better hosting/more resources
Use APC to cache PHP opcode in memory
Use the right balance of joomla caching, enable it
Use page cache plugin in joomla if you don't have a user system
Use a CDN, cloudflare has free package which has other benefits like security + ssl
Shrink the overall size of your site that a user has to download when visiting your site (images, js, etc.)
Reduce HTTP requests (js,css) so instead of many try few (js is blocking...)
Reduce amount of php executing, ie less modules and plugins
Optimized .htaccess, use compression and extended caching where applicable
Check yslow/pagespeed results and follow recommendations
Try gmetric and see results there

There's so many things you can do, I listed some advice. It's really more a matter of evaluating your site and giving recommendations based on that which I won't spend my time doing unless I was paid. These are just generic suggestions that usually apply all the time.
I like working with Joomla :)

NathanHawks
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by NathanHawks » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:47 pm

YSlow is much more useful than Google's "Pagespeed Insights" service, in my opinion -- YSlow is much more rooted in reality whereas Google's alternative tends to expect the impossible and deemphasize the more useful steps.

Don't use Prepare Content when adding modules unless you're sure it's necessary (slows things down dramatically, and tends only to be necessary for advanced users).

Do use the Cache; start with Progressive Caching, using the File handler (you'll notice these settings under Global Configuration -> System -> Cache Settings). (Note that it will take 2 page loads before you notice a speed increase; after enabling cache, the first hit will build the cache, the subsequent will use the cache).

You can also (temporarily!) turn on the Site Debugging options, which give you a (very general) picture of where the slow-down is. You could then provide us that information for further advice. That option is on the same page as the cache settings; you would turn Debug System to On and then view your homepage, and scroll to the bottom. (Note, if there is no area defined in your template for displaying debugging info, this won't do anything - it's a coin toss, but most pros know to include it -- hopefully including that particular JoomlArt artist!)

The suggestions above me are also quite helpful, if you are able to follow them.
Save time - hire me for your Joomla to-do list! http://nathanhawks.us/joomla

asemanehashtom
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by asemanehashtom » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:09 pm

thanks alot very good
Last edited by alikon on Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Manual Signature Removed. See forum rules.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”