SEF breaks template styles

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
colinmac
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

SEF breaks template styles

Post by colinmac » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:55 am

I have a template with custom fields in it, defined in templateDetails.xml as follows:

Code: Select all

<config>
    <fields>
      <fieldset name="basic">
        <field name="showslider" type="list" default="1"
               label="Show image slider row"
               description="Choose whether or not the table row containing the slider is shown"
               filter="integer">
          <option value="1">Show slider</option>
          <option value="0">No slider</option>
        </field>
        <field name="showmainimg" type="list" default="1"
               label="Show main image at left"
               description="Choose whether or not the main image to the left of the main content is shown"
               filter="integer">
          <option value="1">Show main image</option>
          <option value="0">No main image</option>
        </field>
      </fieldset>
    </fields>
  </config>
I have set up template styles to make use of these fields, so in addition to my default template where both options are set to 1 there are two other template styles where one or both of these fields is set to 0.

This works when SEF links are disabled. But when I enabled SEF links this stopped working, and the fields always have their default values (1 in both cases).

I'm not going to disable SEF just to make this work - there are a lot of Google links out there that refer to the SEF links - so does anyone have a fix for this?

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”