Site title, Artisteer template and SEO

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
gloworks
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Site title, Artisteer template and SEO

Post by gloworks » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:27 pm

As I understand it, an H1 tag is specifically the Site Title-most important and mandatory for good SEO. This is supposed to appear only once on every page. As I also understand it, this can be in either the header or the footer of a site so it is visible on every page automatically, without placing it on separate pages, or specifically addressing any piece of text , (headings or paragraphs on pages), as H1.

I would like to verify that this above will actually work for search engines to see the H1 tag in my footer and then I would continue to format each Page Title as H2 then the other headings of paragraphs going through H3-H6.

The reason for this is that I have an image of my logo and Site Title text in the header and not actual text as the Site Title in the header of the template..

gloworks
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Site title, Artisteer template and SEO

Post by gloworks » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:11 pm

Nice to see that it seems like a popular subject. Just a bit more info so everyone knows I added to it.

I got the title of my site in there by creating a Custom HTML Module, then placing the text in there and formatted that text as an H1 tag. Then I placed it in Position 27 which seems like it is the footer of my Artisteer template.

gloworks
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gloworks » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:33 pm

Looks like someone else asked a similar question and did not really get a reply.

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=807366

Lots of other info there and that was nice of everyone but the question remains:

Is is the same and OK for SEO to have the Site Title as H1 tag in the footer instead of the header?

It is that simple. Whether it is an Artisteer template or not, I am sure there are a lot of sites out there that have an image of fancy text in their headers instead of actual text so looking for an alternative to showing the H1 tag universally through all pages via the footer.

gloworks
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gloworks » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:25 pm

Ok . . . I am determined to get to the bottom of this and just a pretty determined individual at anything. I found something that might help someone to determine if this site has my site name as Site Title and will get found this way. I went to a site validator and I am copying the code, less my site name cause it is not about getting hits but to know this is in the right place so I don't find out three weeks from now that the site is not getting seen because of it.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html dir="ltr" lang="en-gb">
<head>
<base href="http://site url was here/" />
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<meta name="keywords" content="my keywords were here" />
<meta name="author" content="Super User" />
<meta name="description" content="meta description was here. " />
<meta name="generator" content="Joomla! - Open Source Content Management" />
<title>Home</title>

So does this look right? I don't understand much how the URL got into the <head> part if I did not specify the H! tag there but if someone could verify that it is there and in the proper space then all is good!

Also if someone could tell me how and where this head part "found" my URL to know the Site Title then this would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”