Mysterious border-top: Can't remove

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
rogue13_13
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Mysterious border-top: Can't remove

Post by rogue13_13 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:22 am

Hello,

I am currently roughing out my website and have been playing around with rough drafts of text, headers, color schemes, etc.., in order to get an idea of what I want. After several rounds of changing code, I have noticed that a green line has appeared at the top of the window.

This green line is the same color of the border I added around the body, so it must be something i did, but I cannot find the particular line of code anywhere. Firebug shows the line (border-top: etc..), but does not name a source file, it just lists my domain name. Any ideas how to find this line?

Here is a link to the page I have been working on: http://www.thefinanceplanner.com/index.php/home

EDIT: had to come back and add .com to the domain name.

jcms
I've been banned!

Re: Mysterious border-top: Can't remove

Post by jcms » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:45 am

http://prntscr.com/6ej953
maybe check in template manager or css in index.php.....

rogue13_13
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Mysterious border-top: Can't remove

Post by rogue13_13 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:31 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. Although I am fairly new to this, I believe I have checked all the files you have mentioned.

In the times since I started writing this post though, I solved the green line issue, but am still puzzled about how it occurred, and how to avoid it again.

I am using Theme Republic's Neutrino template, and one of the template options is to input a "foreground color" in a form box under template manager. My hex code was in this box, and the line went away when I removed this color code and left the field blank.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”