Adding social icon to header in template

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Rock2040
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Adding social icon to header in template

Post by Rock2040 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:26 pm

I'm new to Joomla and am attempting to add an icon to the header of my website. I notice that the Crystalline template index.php file uses PHP instead of straight HTML to output to the page, so I'm not sure where to add the code, so the icon will appear in the correct place.

I'm taking over this page from a previous developer so I'm not sure how he/she edited the header.

The header is below, I'm trying to add another icon after the Google+ icon. I notice that viewing the source displays the actual HTML of the page, is there any way to edit the HTML output?

Thanks.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Adding social icon to header in template

Post by imanickam » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:25 pm

Go to the Module Manager and look for the module published in the module position header-f.

The module contains the following text "For a FREE Consultation call 877-868-7239 or 321-255-2332 -
Se Habla Español" and the social icons.

You can edit that module to add another social icon image and the corresponding link.

Note:
As you are new to the site, before attempting anything, suggest taking the back-up of the site files along with sub-directories and the database content by exporting the content using tools such as phpMyAdmin.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Translations Coordination Team | Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team

Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Rock2040
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Adding social icon to header in template

Post by Rock2040 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:31 pm

imanickam wrote:Go to the Module Manager and look for the module published in the module position header-f.

The module contains the following text "For a FREE Consultation call 877-868-7239 or 321-255-2332 -
Se Habla Español" and the social icons.

You can edit that module to add another social icon image and the corresponding link.

Note:
As you are new to the site, before attempting anything, suggest taking the back-up of the site files along with sub-directories and the database content by exporting the content using tools such as phpMyAdmin.
Thank you! That worked.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”