Changes in template.css not loaded to site

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
AlnD_101
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Changes in template.css not loaded to site

Post by AlnD_101 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:43 am

Hi

New here and new to Joomla! I have inherited a website that I am trying to update. The previous developer set some background images that I would like to change, but he did so in the templates.css file. The parent template is dotcom.

I have added a new page on the site and have applied the same (or similar) code that he did in the templates.css file:

.pageaboutus .content {
background: url('../../../images/backgrounds/about-us.jpg') no-repeat center top;
}

I also would like to modify one of his styles:

.shadowbox {
width:auto;
height:auto;
border:1px solid #a0a0a0;
-webkit-box-shadow: 1px 2px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2) !important;
-moz-box-shadow: 1px 2px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2) !important;
box-shadow: 1px 2px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2) !important;

However although I have edited templates.css to reflect above (cleared cache etc) none of the changes either to the page, or the available styles in JCE editor reflect the changes...

I found one post on here that talked about changing index.php to make sure is reloaded the .css file every time - but I can't find any call to templates - only topmenu

<link rel="stylesheet" href="templates/<?php echo $this->template ?>/css/topmenu.css" type="text/css" media="screen">

Really appreciate any help / advice - been banging my head against this for a week now!

Thanks

(Running Joomla 2.5.14)

erramadany
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Changes in template.css not loaded to site

Post by erramadany » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:17 am

you can directly change the css file without past in the admin panel you will find it in the folder template you want to change good luck
http://www.mypress2.com/ : جريدة إلكترونية متجددة على مدار الساعة

AlnD_101
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Changes in template.css not loaded to site

Post by AlnD_101 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi Erramadany - thanks for getting back to me. My problem is not editing the file which I can do both through the HMI or directly, it's getting the changes I make to be implemented in the template itself!
Appreciate any further advice!
Thanks

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”