Unable to change title in a template

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
TanjaKo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Unable to change title in a template

Post by TanjaKo » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:44 pm

Hello!

I have just started managing a website created several years ago without my participation in Joomla 2.5. I need to change titles on several pages which are created using customized templates and I am cannot understand how it works. :eek:

The page is under menu item "Network Partners" which is assigned with a template "HULTIN-Clients", it has a title "Clients" which I need to change because it is incorrect. The page shows articles from a particular category, each article when opened also has incorrect title "Clients". Every time when I create new menu item and assigned it with a template "HULTIN-Clients" creates the title which I need to change. I attach the image for the demonstration.
Demonstration.jpg
I should note that the website is maintained in three languages and depending on the language for the menu, the title changes the language too.

It is very very important for me to understand how it works, I would appreciate if someone could help me :-[
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Unable to change title in a template

Post by imanickam » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:45 am

Reviewed the site and it looks like there is a menu for each of the languages. For example, for the menu in English (ie. en), open the corresponding menu item (ie. Network Partners) for Edit and in the tab "Page Display" change the values in the option "Page Heading". You have to repeat this for each of the languages.

Note:
Be informed that Joomla! 2.5 is no longer supported. You may have to plan for migrating the site to the latest version of Joomla! (v3.6.5). Suggest doing the migration in a development environment and testing it before migrating the production site.

Also, be known that the last version of Joomla! 2.5 is v2.5.28 and there is a security patch after that.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

TanjaKo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by TanjaKo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:18 am

imanickam wrote:Reviewed the site and it looks like there is a menu for each of the languages. For example, for the menu in English (ie. en), open the corresponding menu item (ie. Network Partners) for Edit and in the tab "Page Display" change the values in the option "Page Heading". You have to repeat this for each of the languages.
Thank you for quick reply! I have tried makes changes in this way and, surprisingly, for the menu "Network Partners" and other menu items, in the Edit window for the Page Display Option "Show Page Heading" - is marked "No". When I change it to "Yes" and type the heading I want, it does not appear anywhere.

I have no experience in building the website, and after many hours of trying, I start thinking that those textual values of headings are defined somewhere in the template file (each menu item is build on the template with a unique name), and I need to figure out the way to change it. I tried to avoid using those templates at all, but they are customized for the company and styles are defined in css files, which I do not dare to change/copy/modify.

Similiar challenge is here, this page is build on the template "Hultin-Golf" and shows articles from the corresponding category. The heading "Cross-border...2015" appears automatically when I assign template to the new menu item, and I should change it to "Cross-border..2017" asap.
Demonstration2.jpg
Do you have any ideas or hints?
Would it be useful to contact the company which build the site, it was around 3 years ago, is there possibility they remember the logic?..still it would be great to find solution.

P.S. Thank you for information about newer versions, I will get back to this matter when I implement those urgent tasks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:39 pm

Suggest checking whether any SEO related extension (either a Plugin or a Component & Plugin combination) is being used for managing the Page Title.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”