Form fields inactive in Firefox only, custom template

Everything to do with Joomla! 2.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Azmandius
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Form fields inactive in Firefox only, custom template

Post by Azmandius » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:22 am

Hi!
I'd like to mention from the start that this is a custom template issue. The template was done by a knobby hands coder - this is a fact i have now to deal with.

The issue is puzzling for me - any form fields, be that the comments section (http://xn--d1acrgdd3ah9f.xn--p1ai/dlya- ... #comment-1) or VirtueMart cart (http://xn--d1acrgdd3ah9f.xn--p1ai/compo ... emart/cart) - are inactive, but - in Firefox only! In chrome form fields are working fine. I have tested different versions of Firefox.

Although i have some years of experience deploying Joomla - i am yet no expert coder, so I've been checking the code over and over, but could not get a clue why are form fields inactive, and in Firefox only.

If testing forms in no template mode, or default Joomla template mode, form fields are fine, even in Firefox: http://xn--d1acrgdd3ah9f.xn--p1ai/dosta ... ate=system | http://xn--d1acrgdd3ah9f.xn--p1ai/compo ... ate=system

I'd really appreciate any hint on where to dig to solve that weirdo issue. Thank you!

Joomla! 2.5.6
PHP 5.2.17
VirtueMart 2.0.8e
I know this is all ancient crap, but updating all this, is not priority at the moment, it will, after i will solve basic bugs that are preventing people from properly using the site.

Thanks again!
AzBlog.me | Content & links worth checking.

waarnemer
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Form fields inactive in Firefox only, custom template

Post by waarnemer » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:58 am

1. since you are on joomla 2.5 and PHP 5.2, updating IS priority number one.
2. since it happens in FF only and all other browsers are ok, this is HTML, Javascript, CSS related at best guess.
3. Because of that you have to work your template files. It probably is due to old and deprecated stuff... you may not even be able to resolve in your old setup.
4. since your priority should be to update your setup, make your HTML, Javascript and CSS changes in your updated and upgraded website... avoid bug fixing in something that is end of life for almost 5 years now.
Same applies for PHP, though I cannot even find when that reached EOL... 10 years ago?

Just upgrade and rebuild your template to the new standards...

SharkyKZ
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by SharkyKZ » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Remove this garbage code:

Code: Select all

document.oncontextmenu=new Function('return false');
document.onselectstart=new Function ('return false');
if (window.sidebar){
document.onmousedown=new Function('return false'); 
document.onclick=new Function('return true') ; 
document.oncut=new Function('return false'); 
document.oncopy=new Function('return false'); 
document.onpaste=new Function('return false'); 
}

Azmandius
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Azmandius » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Thank you for reply guys, to be honest i did not expect anyone to react on a issue wit such old crap, so thanks a gain!

@SharkyKZ thanks for pointing out the portion of code causing troubles to form fields in Firefox, it came actually from a No Right Click, No Copy module (who's still using these shitty tools these days anyways), disabled it and issue gone.

@waarnemer can't agree more with you, I'll have to seriously specify that to site owner.

Issue kinda solved, tahnks
AzBlog.me | Content & links worth checking.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 2.5”