Sigplus Next/Prev buttons Topic is solved

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
amaranth
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Sigplus Next/Prev buttons

Post by amaranth » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:23 pm

I have upgraded Joomla from 2.5 to 3.9. One of my installed extensions is Sigplus. It appears to be working fine except that the "Next" button takes me to an unrelated page in my database. When the unrelated page appears the Next/Prev buttons also appear at the bottom of the page. Does anyone know what determines the available albums and the order in which they appear?

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Sigplus Next/Prev buttons

Post by AMurray » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:44 am

From what you describe it sounds like the Next/Previous buttons are from your article(s) not from SigPlus (particularly if SigPlus itself doesn't have such navigation).

If you are using SigPlus by inserting galleries by way of the plugin (short code inserted into an article) then the Next/Previous navigation sounds like it's set on the Article(s) not the gallery extension itself.

Check the article options for the Next/Previous navigation and turn it off if not required. That can be done at the article local level or global level.

It would be helpful to see the site, and the page you describe with these Next and Previous buttons and where the "next" button is leading.

[EDIT] Looking at the SigPlus documentation there are examples which show navigation buttons, but this just cycles through the images in the gallery, and I believe you're not referring to that particular navigation, but the standard "Next" and "Previous" typically found on Joomla article content.

Refer to https://docs.joomla.org/Help39:Componen ... er_Options to turn off the article navigation to see if this is the actual problem you're seeing.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

amaranth
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by amaranth » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:17 pm

Thanks! That was precisely the problem. I was coming from Joomla 2.5 and had never seen Next/Prev buttons. I first ran across them in Sigplus, so assumed they were coming from Sigplus.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:22 pm

Glad that proved to be the solution, you're welcome.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”