Custom properties for Module in J1.6?

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
awasen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Custom properties for Module in J1.6?

Post by awasen » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi,
there are many things much improved in J1.6 and I think it looks very good and adds a lot of nice features.

I have a module (Simple File Upload) which I have received several requests to upgrade to J1.6. I started out and it went well and I have converted all necessary code and the parameters XML successfully, except for the custom parameter settings.

I have a select list with users collected from the database as a custom parameter but that won't show. I tried to add a plain custom parameter, just a DIV and some text in it. I managed to get the DIV in to the parameters page for the Module in backend (Admin) but the div ended up in the wrong place (three rows up). I then changed the code to instead include a select-box but that too ends up in another pane... :(

Is there any instructions for how to use custom parameters for J1.6?
I search wiki, forum and the web but havn't been able to find any useful information on how to go about it... :(
Any pointers?

Thanks!

//Anders

awasen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Custom properties for Module in J1.6?

Post by awasen » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:02 pm

I'll answer my own post then... :geek:

Seems as if the changes made to the backend templates causes any regular HTML codes to go haywire. The problem is that the "float: left" which each element is enriched with by the default CSS is "destroyed" when embedding elements in other HTML like DIV or Tables...

I did not manage to get it fixed and worked with position:relative and altered positions on the elements instead of the table that I used in 1.5.

If anyone finds a way to use a table or a div in custom settings and placing it where it is suppose to go I'd be very interested in knowing how it can be done...

Regards,
Anders

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”