Problem with Sigplus gallery (as plugin)

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
pot1906dk
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Problem with Sigplus gallery (as plugin)

Post by pot1906dk » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:45 pm

A while ago I used Sigplus Gallery for a v1.5 site. Now I installed the latest 1.6 version on a site running locally on my Win7/Apache/MySQL machine.
If I use Sigplus as a module, it works fine and displays the images in the chosen subfolder. So I gues that it is correctly installed and set up.
But when I try to use it as a plugin in a simple article by entering {gallery}mypix{/gallery} , the code is just being displayed in the article and is not handled by Sigplus. I have tried many ways to find a solution, but nothing works (I have entered the Sigplus code in the HTML-editor to avoid any escape chars.
It seems as if Joomla! just doesn't allow the code to be interpreted. Maybe it is due to the setup of Joomla!.
Anyone got an idea what I am missing?
Poul Theodorsen
http://cinnt.dk

mbabker
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Problem with Sigplus gallery (as plugin)

Post by mbabker » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:54 pm

Is the plugin being installed? I don't often look at other extensions code when asking these types of questions, but I went ahead and downloaded it this time. One thing I see in his pkg XML is a client="site" definition for the plugin. This isn't needed and could cause problems.

Try extracting the separate extensions from the pkg ZIP. The module and plugin should be installable separately. If the plugin won't install on it's own, then there are other issues beyond the pkg build.

pot1906dk
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Problem with Sigplus gallery (as plugin)

Post by pot1906dk » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:38 pm

I just found the solution. I had enabled sigplus as a module, but not as a plugin. I wasn't aware that it would be in both places.
Thanks. :D
Poul Theodorsen
http://cinnt.dk

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”