Plugin suggestions?

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
hyperunknown
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Plugin suggestions?

Post by hyperunknown » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Hi. I've recently started using Joomla! 1.6 (which is hilariously good by the way), but I have ran into a small problem. For two days now I've been searching for an addon/plugin to suit my needs. What I want, is an image gallery type of plugin, with thumbnails (ImageMagick, I'm using FreeBSD as host). Now, that's the easy part - loads of addons to choose from, the problem is that I need to be able to add additional information to every picture, like size and price WITHOUT having to resort to ftp uploading text files with the information in them, rather than actually editing it directly in the Joomla! interface.

Here's an image to demonstrate how I would want it to look - in the example there's 3 images per item, but I only really need one. Also, it doesn't matter if the information is in the picture (as in the actual .jpg file as a watermark or whatnot), in the full-image picture frame, or where the thumbnails are.

Any ideas? Oh, and apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum, It was the only one I found suiting for this topic :) .. Here's some additional information, not sure if it's needed but better safe than sorry;

Database Version: 5.0.77
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.9
Web Server: Apache/2.2.11 (FreeBSD) DAV/2 PHP/5.2.9 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e
WebServer to PHP Interface: apache2handler
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.6.0 Stable [ Onward ] 10-Jan-2011 23:00 GMT

Regards, Daniel.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”