Tricky and Specific Inventory Problem

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
hanzorama
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Tricky and Specific Inventory Problem

Post by hanzorama » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:10 am

I am currently trying to employ a inventory system with joomla that is a multi-user inventory and checkout. The concept is like a book swap/inventory: A bunch of users list items to be loaned out, and the person interested in checking it out must send a request to the owner.

I know there is probably nothing available to fit these criteria, but is there anything close that anyone has come across?

mokelly
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Tricky and Specific Inventory Problem

Post by mokelly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:04 am

SOBI may be something to look at. It is sort of a mass advertising classified ad type component.

Perhaps Community Builder. If it were like a blog where users view an article by a lender. Click an email link to make a request.

I do not know if either of these have released a 1.6 version.
CARTwebERP Where you sell, fullfill, and account for it all!

hanzorama
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Tricky and Specific Inventory Problem

Post by hanzorama » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:09 am

Thanks! SOBI looks promising. I have made a few workflow changes that make the situation a little more tricky to find a fitting application for. There are a bunch of items reserved for individuals at a specific time. I am now looking to list these items, and allow someone to request a loan if it is not their allotted reservation time. Too specific I think so I might have to get inventive.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”