cannot install extensions, please help

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
DanielQ
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

cannot install extensions, please help

Post by DanielQ » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:50 am

I've been reading similar treads and articles on this for the past three hours, no luck. Please help.

I cannot use the automatic installer, install from directory/path or ftp the files to install components or modules. I'm truly at a loss.

Thanks,

mako005
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: cannot install extensions, please help

Post by mako005 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:22 am

Daniel, haven't found this issue personally but can you let me know what modules or components you are trying to install and silly question but are they compatible with J1.6 as most will be written for J1.5 as developers are in catchup mode? As for FTP issues if you are unable to upload it is likely permissions at your end not an issue with Joomla unless it isn't working due to the aforementioned question. Happy to try and help :D

coolnik
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: cannot install extensions, please help

Post by coolnik » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:41 am

DanielQ wrote:I've been reading similar treads and articles on this for the past three hours, no luck. Please help.

I cannot use the automatic installer, install from directory/path or ftp the files to install components or modules. I'm truly at a loss.

Thanks,
Hi Daniel,

I suggest you to go through error logs. It will explain as why you are not able to install "components and module"

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”