Mootools accordion not nice if ajax content - Help

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bongobongo
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Mootools accordion not nice if ajax content - Help

Post by bongobongo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:37 pm

I'm developing a module for Joomla 1.6.
This module is to display some records, and it has a pager... which means the user may initially see 10 records.... he can the choose to move to another page (within the module) by e.g. hitting "Next". When he does that the new content, for this module only, will be fetched using AJAX... so the rest of the page remain the same.

My problem when using the accordion is that if I fetch content (a page) for the module in question which might have less records than another one.... and I click the accordion title to hide the accordion content, then click it again to open it, and then fetch another page (for the module) which has more rows... which means it need more vertical space to show all content for the module.... in this case some rows might not show, since the height of the content of the accordion do not autogrow... in this particular case.....

bahhh.... hope this was understandable

I also found another that experienced the same problems... but he did not explain very well how he managed to get around this "bug":
http://www.webmasterworld.com/javascript/3693434.htm

Any chance to get some ideas on how I can implement a fix/hack so this can work properly?

realityking
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Mootools accordion not nice if ajax content - Help

Post by realityking » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:16 pm

Could you prefer some sample code (preferable just HTML & JS) that demonstrates this behavior?

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”