[SOLVED] 403 in FrontEnd Login if Logged in BackEnd

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
MiRN
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

[SOLVED] 403 in FrontEnd Login if Logged in BackEnd

Post by MiRN » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi, i am managing a website, there is a lot of stuff.
The problem is that IF i am logged in BackEnd and then i try to login to FrontEnd i am getting a 403 error.
Then i am logged out propably session is destroyed [from backend] and if i try to login again frontend then i can login.
the site uses the default joomla login module and a pluging: System - HOT Login. Both dont cause any problems.

Any suggestions for this issue?

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/.../libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php on line 143
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/.../libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php on line 143
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/.../libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php on line 152
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/.../libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php on line 156
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/.../libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php on line 159
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$title in /var/www/.../libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php on line 232
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$content in /var/www/.../templates/system/html/modules.php on line 16

Call stack
# Function Location
1 JSite->initialise() /var/www/.../index.php:30
2 JApplication->initialise() /var/www/.../includes/application.php:116
3 JApplication->triggerEvent() /var/www/.../libraries/joomla/application/application.php:230
4 JDispatcher->trigger() /var/www/.../libraries/joomla/application/application.php:642
5 JEvent->update() /var/www/.../libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php:161
6 call_user_func_array() /var/www/.../libraries/joomla/event/event.php:71
7 plgSystemSecuritycheck->onAfterInitialise()
8 plgSystemSecuritycheck->sesiones_activas() /var/www/.../plugins/system/securitycheck/securitycheck.php:559
9 JError::raiseError() /var/www/.../plugins/system/securitycheck/securitycheck.php:531
10 JError::raise() /var/www/.../libraries/joomla/error/error.php:251
Last edited by toivo on Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: mod note: moved to 2.5 Extensions

beaverusiv
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: 403 in FrontEnd Login if Logged in BackEnd

Post by beaverusiv » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:50 pm

Obviously your login system doesn't allow being logged in twice (which is what you're trying to do). Have you tested by using two different browsers or even two computers?

chetanmadaan
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by chetanmadaan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:08 pm

Looking at the Code... this is more likely a problem with your System plugin Security Check. if you disable that... you should be all set.
Chetan Madaan - JM-Experts
http://www.Jm-Experts.com

MiRN
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by MiRN » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:40 am

beaverusiv wrote:Obviously your login system doesn't allow being logged in twice (which is what you're trying to do). Have you tested by using two different browsers or even two computers?
Yes, I have tested 3 different browsers and computers...

imcristian10
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by imcristian10 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:52 am

thank you

MiRN
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by MiRN » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:20 am

chetanmadaan wrote:Looking at the Code... this is more likely a problem with your System plugin Security Check. if you disable that... you should be all set.
Thank you very much! The problem was at System plugin Security Check.

phidias81
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: [SOLVED] 403 in FrontEnd Login if Logged in BackEnd

Post by phidias81 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:24 pm

Thank you It solved my problem too, that was going on for months!
The problem in fact is with System plugin Security Check, but you don't need to disable it, if you go at the last tab "User Session Protection" and select NO, then it will work!
***** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed *****
I just add few keywords because other times I couldn't find this solution from the serp
log in at the same time contemporary front end back end administrator joomla 3 problem
At Nomad Travellers you find my travel stories, unusual places and amazing photos: visit my new website and travel from your chair! Make yourself comfortable and start your Nomad Travel! http://www.nomadtravellers.com/

jdockum
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: [SOLVED] 403 in FrontEnd Login if Logged in BackEnd

Post by jdockum » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:03 pm

In case anyone else has this issue, the way to disable this "feature" has changed.

You now have to go to Securitycheck dashboard, and click "Web Firewall Configuration" button in the "Configuration" group. On the next screen ("Options") click the button for "User session protection" and then change the "Global parameters" option "Forbid concurrent user logins" to no. Alternatively, you could edit which groups the restriction applies to, but the default is Super Users.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”