Module for recipes site

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
crissoft86
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Module for recipes site

Post by crissoft86 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:19 pm

Looking for a good extension, must have module, compatible with 2.5 like this:

An image grid, optional with text under each image, that when clicked on it opens a page with an article list based on tags.

This is for a recipes site to be more precise it should do the following:
- in each article I put as a tag the country from where the recipe is.
- in the module I have the image grid, each image is a flag of a country. Optional name of country under the flag.
- when I click the flag it opens a list of recipes from that country, recognizing all the article with that tag.

Thank you.

ranwilli
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Module for recipes site

Post by ranwilli » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:39 am

crissoft86 wrote:Looking for a good extension, must have module, compatible with 2.5 ...

THAT (using Joomla 2.5.x for a new website) is a recipe for disaster.
Don't HACK the Joomla! core, Instead "Extend" and/or "Override."
Stay ON the update path.
https://harpervance.com

crissoft86
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by crissoft86 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:34 pm

ranwilli wrote:
crissoft86 wrote:Looking for a good extension, must have module, compatible with 2.5 ...

THAT (using Joomla 2.5.x for a new website) is a recipe for disaster.
The site isn't new. It's online for 6 years now with almost 3 on Joomla. It's on 2.5 because for some reason the 3.x couldn't be installed. I'm fine with it as it is, no problems so far.
So please just try to answer my question if you can, this is a help forum after all.

ranwilli
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by ranwilli » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:43 pm

Best help I can offer you is upgrade - TODAY. Your site is a sitting duck.
Don't HACK the Joomla! core, Instead "Extend" and/or "Override."
Stay ON the update path.
https://harpervance.com

sozzled
I've been banned!

Post by sozzled » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:20 pm

crissoft86 wrote:The site isn't new. It's online for 6 years now with almost 3 on Joomla. It's on 2.5 because for some reason the 3.x couldn't be installed. I'm fine with it as it is, no problems so far.
So please just try to answer my question if you can, this is a help forum after all.
Yes, this is a "help forum" and it's true that some of the help we provide is not necessarily music to a lot of people's ears. If you browse through the J! 2.5 forum categories you will see the range of questions that people ask about J! 2.5. Those questions are mainly about
  • "Help, my J! 2.5 website that I've been using for the past x years is no longer working"
  • "Help, I know that J! 3.x was released five years ago (and I know I should have migrated my J! 2.5 website in this time): how do I migrate to J! 3.7.5?"
  • "Help, my J! 2.5 website was hacked."
  • "Help, I can no longer access my J! 2.5 website."
That's the nature of the beast.

Can I (or any other experienced member of this community) answer your specific question about locating an extension that will perform the function(s) you're seeking? It's not a case of whether I can or cannot answer this quesiton. The Joomla community has moved past J! 2.5 and, in the very near future (next year) the focus will shift to J! 4.

There may be services that still exist today where some people can provide the functionality you're seeking that will work in J! 2.5. I don't know of any such services but you could make your own enquiries (i.e. search for professional/freelance J! 2.5 extension developers). I wish you good luck.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”