Looking for specific membership level extension

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
DayB
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Looking for specific membership level extension

Post by DayB » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:57 am

I am looking for a membership extension with a specific type of membership level.

Let me explain. I am an artist who has a [youtube] channel with tutorials. I am also disabled so on a very low income. In order to be able to make these tutorials I need to buy the materials. I have subscribers who donate a small amount monthly, and I reward them with special tutorials (two a month) that are just for them, and a step above the public level ones I am posting on [youtube].

For now I have a secret facebook group where I post these special tutorials. The problem is, when I have a new sponsor and they join the group, they have access to all the other tutorials that have been posted in the past, which is not fair for my subscribers who have been supporting me for longer. I.e. a subscriber paying $5 a month who has been sponsoring me for 5 months paid a total of $25, and had access to a total of 10 special tutorials. But a new sponsor when they pay the first $5 a month they will have access to not just the 2 tutorials for that month, but all the ones I have previously posted, so they get a lot more for their $5.

I have created a new Joomla website and I would like to have a membership set so new members will have access to only content that is posted from the date they become members.

Anyone knows of an extension that could do that for me, or a way to set up the membership levels?

Short explanation on why I have chosen the 2.5 vs the 3 - I am a cancer survivor and after going through treatment and chemo I have some issues focusing (chemo gives you what's called brainfog) so trying to get all the Joomla 3 setup I waste too much time trying to figure things out. I am more familiar with 2.5 as I was working with it a lot before I started cancer treatment. I also suffer from fatigue and usually can be active only around 8 to 10 hours a day, so if I waste too much time trying to figure out what to do I run out of time to do the tutorials.
Last edited by toivo on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved to 2.5 Extensions

dude28039933
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Looking for specific membership level extension

Post by dude28039933 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:38 pm

Hi, unfortunately, only piece of extension I was able to find that could be able to do something like that is this one https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... l-content/
but, it seems it's only joomla 3x supported. And all other subscription extensions seem only to be able to restrict user groups by denying them access to part of site after a certain date.
Something smart here

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”