Shopify Buy Button Issues

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 2.5.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
BYSadmin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Shopify Buy Button Issues

Post by BYSadmin » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:29 pm

Link to page referenced (http://backyardstaycations.com/2013-01- ... -chemicals).

We have been using the Shopify Buy Button feature on our Joomla site for a few months and have had no problems with the integration until yesterday.

The Shopify features suddenly stopped showing up. No one has changed a thing and we've checked the code on other sites and it works. It only doesn't work when placed into a Joomla 2.5 site.

Why is this happening? Feel free to experiment with the code. Like I said, it works and reads on other sites, just not on our Joomla 2.5 based site. I'm stumped. Our website solutions guy is stumped. Shopify is stumped. Everyone including myself believe it to be an issue with Joomla but no one can figure out how to fix it.

Our last order was around noon yesterday (4/5/18) and then out of no where it just doesn't work. But, the code is there as you can see.

Any advice is appreciated.

BYSadmin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Shopify Buy Button Issues

Post by BYSadmin » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:31 pm

The code that is not working starts around line 209 if you view the source code.

Thanks.

BYSadmin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by BYSadmin » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:42 pm

The product even shows up on the "Edit Article" page when you click the "Preview" tab but still not in a browser after saved.

:eek:

EnergyTR
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by EnergyTR » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:21 pm

I just noticed your post. I am having the same exact issue I will let you know if I find anything on my site. I am having Shopify look at it but so far they have not found anything.

EnergyTR
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by EnergyTR » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:37 pm

I am using a workaround by placing the email embed code as a link on the site to check out. Shopify just emailed me they are working on the bug but do not have an ETA

BYSadmin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by BYSadmin » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:58 pm

That's a good idea. I'll see if I can make that work. I haven't heard back from Shopify since yesterday. Good to know they're working on it.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 2.5”