Blankpages on both fronted and backend after clearing out ma

Discussion regarding Joomla! 2.5 security issues.

Moderators: Bernard T, mandville, fcoulter, PhilD, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant / FPA - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
keithstoddart
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Blankpages on both fronted and backend after clearing out ma

Post by keithstoddart » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:02 pm

My client's website was hacked and I cleaned it out (or best I can anyway) and then the front page went blank. I could then get into the backend after accepting google warning but at least it worked.
Then that allowed me to install aka to do a back up and then load it on my own local MAMP server on my mac. Now, backend and frontend are blank.
I have changed the error reporting in the configuration file to maximum and I get the following:-

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/gdsradioswebsites/backedupsite/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php on line 652

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/gdsradioswebsites/backedupsite/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php on line 654

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/gdsradioswebsites/backedupsite/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php:652) in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/gdsradioswebsites/backedupsite/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 532

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.internal_encoding is deprecated in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/gdsradioswebsites/backedupsite/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 28

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.input_encoding is deprecated in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/gdsradioswebsites/backedupsite/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 29

Deprecated: iconv_set_encoding(): Use of iconv.output_encoding is deprecated in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/gdsradioswebsites/backedupsite/libraries/joomla/string/string.php on line 30

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/gdsradioswebsites/backedupsite/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php on line 652

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/gdsradioswebsites/backedupsite/libraries/joomla/filter/input.php on line 654
404 - Category not found
You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found
An error has occurred while processing your request.
Please try one of the following pages::

Home Page
If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.

Category not found

Not too sure what these errors mean but any ideas/suggestions would be greatly received.

regards

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Blankpages on both fronted and backend after clearing ou

Post by mandville » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:28 pm

as normal - post the fpa.
how exactly did you clean the hack
how are you actually hosting the websites? mamp usually means using a test environment !?!?!
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

keithstoddart
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by keithstoddart » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:09 am

Hi Mandville
Thank you for coming back to me.
The website is hosted on my cient's ISP UKHOST4U.com. They have it on a directory among others within a main directory.
The malware seems to be iframe scripts 'dbase64...' etc. I am afraid I am not a coder but I did manage to firstly clean the whole directory of viruses using the cpanel viral removal tool and then attempting to go by google's suggestions delete the script text from within certain files. Only thing is I found it difficult to find the actually files the malware was in!!
However, once I clean out the base etc. the front page of the website is blank. I did manage to get into the backend and install aka backup, made a copy and then installed it on my mac using MAMP Now, the backend as well as the front end is blank.... AAHHHH!!!!
I am a reseller for Heart Internet and once it is clean (and working) I am going to suggest I host it at my ISP in a clean directory.
If you would like more details and logins and stuff let me know. Thank you for your time.
Kind regards
Keith

keithstoddart
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by keithstoddart » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:10 am

Oh, I have just seen what you mean by 'post the fpa'?

keithstoddart
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by keithstoddart » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:25 am

OK, I can now get into the backend!! Basically, I moved the site into a new directory within the same directory and put a temporary page there so my client could at least have a web presence whilst I sort this out.
As I say, I then moved it into a new directory, which worked and then I started to work on it there. This was also to get google to unblock the website.
I can give you access details if you wish. Just let me know and I will PM you - thanks agin.

Return to “Security in Joomla! 2.5”