Capcha

Discussion regarding Joomla! 2.5 security issues.

Moderators: mandville, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant / FPA - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
swcfpd
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Capcha

Post by swcfpd » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:46 am

I have a "contact us" on my page that when the form is filled out we receive an email. Over the last week, we have been getting spam messages from multiple addresses. I know I can block individual email addresses, however, is there a way to add a captcha, or some other means to validate an actual human?

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Capcha

Post by imanickam » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:27 am

There are multiple Captcha solutions available for Joomla!

Probably, you could use reCaptcha from Google (https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/).

Review of the following documents would be of help in implementing Captcha for your contact form. Note:
Noticed that you have posted this question in Joomla! 2.5 Forum. What version of Joomla! is being used? Be informed that the latest version of Joomla! is 3.8.6.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Capcha

Post by AMurray » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:06 pm

As time goes on, if you are using 2.5.x, then you may have issues finding compatible extensions as the development focus (for core system and 3rd-party extensions) is, and will be on 3.x for the foreseeable future, and v4.x likely by the end of the year (on current release schedule).
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Return to “Security in Joomla! 2.5”