- Anyone installing the main Joomla 1.7.x or 2.5.x package on their Web server.
- Anyone moving (transferring/copying) their site from a localhost server to a remote hosting server.
- Anyone moving (transferring/copying) their site from a sub_directory/ to the root_directory/ of their hosting server.
- Anyone moving (transferring/copying) their site from one hosting company to another.
- Anyone with specific questions about installing Joomla on a particular stack server on their local PC (WampServer 2, XAMPP, MAMP, or LAMP). There is no guarantee that you will get an answer but we try. Alternatively go directly to the Web site of the stack(s) you are using.
- Anyone with server issues identified during the installation process. This Forum is not however a replacement for your own host's help desk or support service. Again there is no guarantee of an answer to your particular question.
Who is this forum NOT for?
- Anyone installing Extensions - that includes Templates, Components, Modules and Plugins. Go to the relevant Extensions Forum.
- Anyone Upgrading or Migrating Joomla between the different versions, or converting from another CMS to Joomla. Go to the Upgrading and Migration Forum.
- Anyone with issues in managing a site that has already been installed. Go to the . Administration Forum
- Anyone installing Joomla 1.7.x or 2.5.x on a Windows IIS (Internet information service) server or using the MSSQL database server. Go to the dedicated . IIS Installation Forum
- Anyone dealing with SEO/SEF issues go to the SEO Forum.
- Anyone dealing with server performance issues go to the Performance Forum.
- Anyone posting anything in a language other than English. Go to the relevant International Forum. Alternatively, post in English.
- Anyone posting anything about security or hacking issues. Go to the Security Forum.
- Anyone posting anything at all about Joomla 1.5. Go to the appropriate 1.5 Forums.
- Anyone trying to use this forum to teach them to be a Web server administrator. There are dedicated forums for this task across the Internet. Go to http://google.com
- Anyone else not installing Joomla 1.7.x or 2.5.x, or not managing any of the site transfers listed, and not covered in the above list!
Thank you very much.