Joomla and MySQL issues

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
BurdettM
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla and MySQL issues

Post by BurdettM » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi,

I am new to Joomla, and have a template using Joomla 2.5. I have tried using my own PC to customise this template, and place onto my website, provided through a third party. However there seems to have been an issue with the MySQL install, and each time I uninstall MySQL, or try to reinstall Joomla, it still uses the old (and incorrect) root directory and password. Does anyone know how to resovle this?

iextensions
I've been banned!

Re: Joomla and MySQL issues

Post by iextensions » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:43 pm

- did you install joomla successfully?
- you put correct info of data
- what is your link site now so that we can look?

semijoomla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by semijoomla » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:24 pm

Hello,
If you are not similar to Joomla or MySQL, PHP , Apache I will suggest to use Wamp server or Xampp server, and then install Joomla
It will easier for you to manage and work
If you faced any problem let us know
http://www.pagerank.ae | SEO Analyser

pioneer_1
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by pioneer_1 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:55 am

Every install for Joomla weather its 3.x or 2.5x I have cPanel up with MY SQLDatabases. Your hosting company should provide you with this. I use my own co-located server and I set this up for all my hosting accounts. In MYSQL you set up your username and database name. YOU MUST set the parameters for that account my clicking it. You set to ALL, then you continue install with the information you put in there.
IF your hosting company does NOT provide you with this contact me and I can help you set up a PERFECT JOOMLA hosting account with the newest Apache and the newest version of PHP. Your site will fly.... Meanwhile I can help you in any way I can.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”