Unable to connect to the database problem(using localhost)

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ojslayout
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Unable to connect to the database problem(using localhost)

Post by ojslayout » Mon May 04, 2015 3:05 am

Edit: Mods please move this to joomla 1.5 section.

So I tried to export our working joomla site to my localhost(WAMP). The php version that wamp(localhost/my pc) uses is php 5.5.12. Our joomla website uses joomla 1.5.26 and php 5.2.9. I created localhost database and import the sql files there. My database name at my localhost is the same with our database name of our website.

I change the configuration to this:

Code: Select all

var $host = 'localhost';
	var $user = 'root';  
	var $db = 'db_name';
I even tried a separate connection php file to check if it will connect. And it connected

Code: Select all

$db_host="localhost";
$db_name="db_name";
$username="root";
$pw="";

$db_con=mysql_connect($db_host,$username);
$connection_string=mysql_select_db($db_name);
mysql_connect($db_host,$username) or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db($db_name);

$sql2="SELECT * FROM jos_fabrik_groups   ";
$result2=mysql_query($sql2);
while($row2=mysql_fetch_array($result2))
   {
 echo "a";
   } 
But why is that when I tried to open our exported website to my localhost(my pc) it says Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQLDatabase?

My export process is I use ftp to transfer my website files to localhost.Using phpmyadmin on my cpanel, I export the sql files. I then import the sql files to my localhost mysql using mysql command.

ojslayout
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Unable to connect to the database problem(using localhos

Post by ojslayout » Mon May 04, 2015 5:04 am

Resolved. I am looking at the password variable, and it's only now that I notice it's quite below. I just leave it blank.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 2.5”